We comply with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) recommendations to issue tax receipts by February 28 of the calendar year that follows the year of the donation. This allows individual taxpayers to claim their donations on their annual income tax returns.
Payroll donations are documented by your workplace in your T4 for the calendar year in which the deduction was made. Example: If a pledge is made in 2020 and deductions occur in 2021, the 2020 pledge will be indicated on your employer issued 2021 T4 (received in early 2022) after all payments have been deducted.
An eReceipt will be issued for one-time immediate credit card donations at midnight following the transaction. United Way Windsor-Essex will send eReceipts for one-time post-dated, semi-annual, quarterly or monthly credit card donations at year-end for payments that are made by December 31st in that calendar year.
After United Way Windsor-Essex receives payment for one-time cheque donations, to the office eReceipts are issued. United Way will send eReceipts for one-time post-dated, semi-annual, quarterly or monthly cheque donations at year-end for payments that are made by December 31st in that calendar year.
Gift-in-kind tax receipts are issued once United Way Windsor-Essex receives the payment for the sale of the security. This is typically within 10 business days from the day the securities are received in United Way’s account.
United Way is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining confidentiality. Creating a secure password protects information about your online donation and personal information.
You will be prompted to create and confirm your password. Your password must meet three of the following four criteria (8-14 characters):
- 1 upper case character
- 1 lower case character
- 1 number
- 1 special character
Click “Forgot Password” (bottom left) to generate a new personal link (previous links will not work).
- Complete your pledge through UnitedWay@work, select the Gift of Securities payment option and enter the approximate value of securities being donated.
- Complete the Transfer Form and send it to United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County by email (email@example.com) or fax (519-258-2346)
- United Way will provide your broker information to transfer your securities to United Way Windsor’s brokerage account. Please do not transfer securities without first forwarding this form to United Way Windsor-Essex County and receiving a response.
- A charitable tax receipt will be issued for the closing price of the securities on the day of the transfer to United Way Windsor-Essex. All securities are sold on the same day as received by United Way Windsor-Essex.
- Eligibility of a tax receipt for the current year requires that securities must be in United Way’s brokerage account by 5 p.m. on December 31st of that year.
Unless you checked ‘Please send my confirmation email to my personal email’, your confirmation should be in the same Inbox as your initial campaign email. First check your Inbox (including Junk folder) and second your personal email (if you entered it during your transaction). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need additional help.
United Way has partnered with your organization to run an employee giving campaign this year. To opt out of this year’s campaign, click “Not this year” on the Welcome page and a pop-up window will appear. Select a reason and click “Submit” or click “Other” to share your feedback. This will suppress further communications through the @work system during this campaign. Any comments you provide are confidential and will not be shared with your workplace.