- Stellantis employee and retiree combined contribution to the 2021-2022 United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County campaign totals $831,216.22
- Largest single United Way donation in Windsor-Essex helps children, youth and families in the local community
- Local hourly and salary employees dig deep during challenging times with 11 per cent increase in pledge amounts versus previous year
- Funds generated will go directly into the community with new and innovative cradle-to-career solutions for children and youth in priority neighbourhoods, West Windsor, Downtown Windsor and Leamington, that focus on tutoring, nutrition, mental health resources and more
- Without Stellantis donation, many of United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex programs would not be possible
April 29, 2022, Windsor, Ontario – Stellantis announced today an employee donation of $831,216.22 to the United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County 2021-2022 campaign. Once again, this marks the largest donation for United Way in the Windsor-Essex community this past year. This year’s employee pledge also amounts to an 11 per cent increase versus the previous year. The donation will again help children, youth and families in the local community, which continues to see many social assistance programs and fundraising efforts significantly impacted by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
“I can’t thank our employees enough for their ongoing support of our partners at the United Way,” said Dave Buckingham, Canada president and CEO. “This generous donation will have a lasting impact in helping those most vulnerable in our community. I couldn’t be prouder of our workforce who continues to dig deep through these challenging times and never waivers in their resolve to give back.”
“Stellantis has been an incredibly generous partner of United Way for decades and we are so grateful for their continued support,” said Lorraine Goddard, CEO, United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County. “The donations received through Stellantis will be invested in programs to ensure that local children and youth succeed in their education, career and life.”
United Way-funded programs for 2022 calendar year
Cost-of-living increases on items, including food, housing and transportation, can have a significant impact on the well-being of children and their families.
Donations provided by Stellantis and its employees in the local area will support the United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex new Cradle to Career Strategy, which supports youth from the time they are born until they start their careers.
Community support will focus on improving academic success in elementary and high school-age children by providing tutoring, mentoring, nutrition and mental wellness support, as well as wrap-around support for parents and families.
This year, new and innovative solutions will be put in place for elementary-age youth in the priority neighbourhoods of West Windsor, Downtown Windsor and Leamington, including:
- Improving mental wellness and reducing waitlists for mental health services by providing more community mental health supports
- Access to quality after-school programs to improve grades, develop skills and build character
- Increasing access to food by ensuring students have enough food during the school day
Windsor-Essex residents can take part and donate to United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County. Residents can call 519-259-6147 or pledge online at www.weareunited.com/donate
United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County mobilizes the caring power of the local community to improve lives in measurable and lasting ways They ignite the desire in everyone to improve lives and build strong communities. United Way’s vision is that a generation from now, Windsor-Essex County is a more prosperous community where all children have the ability to achieve their dreams and reach their potential. Additional information is available at www.weareunited.com.
Stellantis (NYSE: STLA) is one of the world’s leading automakers and a mobility provider, guided by a clear vision to offer freedom of movement with distinctive, affordable and reliable mobility solutions. In addition to the Group’s rich heritage and broad geographic presence, its greatest strengths lie in its sustainable performance, depth of experience and the wide-ranging talents of employees working around the globe. Stellantis will leverage its broad and iconic brand portfolio, which was founded by visionaries who infused the brands with passion and a competitive spirit that speaks to employees and customers alike. Stellantis aspires to become the greatest, not the biggest, while creating added value for all stakeholders, as well as the communities in which it operates.
Follow company news and video on:
Company blog: http://blog.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Media website: http://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Company website: www.stellantis.com
Additional information and news from Stellantis are available at https://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com.