To honour the memory of Charles E. Brooks as an outstanding community-minded citizen, United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County created the Charles E. Brooks Labour Community Service Award. The award is presented annually by the Windsor District Labour Council in recognition of outstanding contributions in the area of volunteer community service. The award is displayed at the United Way office. The recipient will be presented with a unique gold signet ring and named on a plaqued award.
The Nomination Process
Nominations for the Award are invited from all local unions in Windsor and Essex County – any member in good standing of a bonafide Trade Union will be eligible for consideration. Special efforts will be undertaken to search out suitable nominees at all levels of the Trade Union movement. Selection of the recipient will be made by a joint committee of the Windsor District Labour Council and Community Representatives.
Qualifications for nomination
The Selection Committee is seeking nominations of individuals from the labour community who have gone above and beyond to make a difference in Windsor and Essex County. The nominees should have:
- Contributed to community building through the voluntary system of human services
- Demonstrated Creativity in meeting needs of the community through collaboration
- Provided Leadership in volunteer service as well as serving in the ranks
- Inspired positive action and stimulated others to serve and work harder
- Sustained Service over a period of years, not necessarily in one position or organization
- Made an Impact on services and individuals in our community
If you would like to nominate an individual, please fill out the form below as well as submitting a written statement of the nominee’s achievements. Nomination deadline is AUGUST 10, 2023.
Award Nomination Form
Submit your nomination form and statement in an email to Leilani Logronio, Manager of Labour Programs & Services at: email@example.com
For more information or any questions, contact Leilani at 519-259-6195 or 519-817-2204