Job Title: Summer Eats Program Assistant
Reports to: Director of Programs
Reporting to the Director of Programs, and directed by the Summer Eats Program Coordinator, the Summer Eats Program Assistant is responsible for supporting the operation and implementation of the Summer Eats program.
The Assistant will support the Program Coordinator with food packaging and delivery to ensure over 500 meals boxes are delivered per week across Windsor-Essex County. The Assistant is responsible for assisting with the coordination of approximately 15 volunteers per week.
Core Duties, Competencies, & Qualifications
- Support recruitment and coordination of volunteers
- Work with partnering organizations to coordinate efforts
- Ensure policies and protocols are followed
- Assist with the promotion of the program to families
- Collaborate with schools and youth program providers
- Complete all necessary reports as directed
- Track program data as directed
- Possess strong leadership skills, be able to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent organizational, time management skills and ability to work independently and within a team
- Individual must be able to think creatively and strategically, have excellent judgment and be able to work in a changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability following a project through to completion
Required* Education & Experience
- Some University and/or College Education, Completion of University/ College Diploma
- Individual must possess some experience in delivering programming in the community e.g., as part of an after-school program or other community-based activity
- Experience in working with volunteers is an asset
- Experience in working with children is an asset
- Maintains a valid driver’s license and has access to own transportation
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Must be able to provide a police clearance and vulnerable person check
As a Canada Summer Jobs-funded role, eligible applicants must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the immigration and refugee protection act for the duration of the employment
- Have a valid social insurance number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered.
This position will be for a 10-week contract beginning June 20, 2022, until August 26, 2022.
The position is for 35/week @ $15.00 per hour.
Must maintain a valid G level driver’s license and have access to a vehicle during working hours. Ability to work flexible hours including occasional evenings and weekends is required. Use of your own vehicle is required.
If you have the above-mentioned qualifications, please submit your resume and cover letter by Friday, May 27, 2022 using Indeed.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that due to the volume of resumes, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, including those who may need accommodations, to apply to join our team. Members from underrepresented groups are encouraged to self-identify. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (A.O.D.A.) please contact us should you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process.
Last updated on May 20, 2022