Reports to: Director, Individual Giving
Type: Permanent, Full-Time
United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County has made a promise to the community – to change the odds for children and their families so they have equal opportunities for success in school and life. We have adopted the community problem-solving approach called collective impact and have committed to working alongside community partners to realize the vision of improving population-level outcomes for children and youth from cradle to career.
The purpose of this position is to raise funds for United Way’s Cradle to Career strategy by growing the segment of major gifts ($5,000+) through high quality relationship building, cultivation and stewardship of high-net-worth donors and prospects (MIG donors).
The position requires year-round and multi-year planning and an execution process designed to ensure consistent and evolving activity and gift acquisition. Under the supervision of Director, Individual Giving and working in collaboration with the VP, Development, the Relationship Manager will be responsible for donor identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, and prospecting major gifts in support of United Way Centraide Windsor-Essex County’s fundraising efforts.
- 55% Year-round qualification and cultivation of prospects, solicitation, and stewardship of high-net-worth donors
- 20% Development and implementation of stewardship strategies that include engagement and recognition activities
- 10% Coordinate with Director, Individual Giving to develop and monitor annual work plans and goals
- 15% Administrative duties include active use of CRM to capture donor data including calendaring all activities, and documenting notes and action items following all meetings
CORE COMPETENCIES & DUTIES:
Core Competencies –
- Mission Steward
- Community Collaborator
- Values Champion
- Executive Functioning
You are someone who thrives in using their knowledge and skillset to do the following:
- Coordinate with the Director of Individual Giving, develop a donor centered annual plan and associated KPI’s
- Understand United Way’s Cradle to Career Strategy (C2C), outcomes and opportunities for investment
- Understand donor affinity and align opportunities for investment
- Assist with product development through identification of donor interests and creation of specialized products for solicitation that align with Cradle to Career strategy.
- Undertake prospect research and identification, including engaging in continuous cultivation of new prospects
- Cultivate and sustain strong relationships with individual supporters, offering consistent, personalized, and excellent stewardship
- Form authentic and meaningful relationships with donors via telephone, zoom, in-person and at events
- Prepare written materials associated with cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors and prospects (e.g., development of targeted proposals, financial illustrations of gift vehicles, progress/stewardship reports on projects funded and general correspondence)
- Develop, implement, and monitor donor relationships utilizing a “moves management” approach and maintain accurate relationship/donor records in CRM
- Bring donors to action (close the deal)
- Identify and integrate planned giving options into donor development activities to appropriate prospects to secure planned gifts (bequest, securities, annuities etc.)
- Balance competing project priorities and deadlines to ensure high-quality and timely completion
- Collaborate with other departments and functional groups in a team environment
- Requires regular use of the computer, email, zoom, and the telephone.
- Maintain a confidential, sensitive and discrete approach to donor and organizational information
- Maintain the level of professional development and competence required to carry out this role
- Act with integrity and maintain the highest professional standards at all times
- A flexible approach is required for the role, as additional, reasonable duties commensurate with the role and as agreed in advance with the VP, Development may occur from time to time
Technical Skills –
In addition to the above, you are proficient in the use of the following technology:
- Experience using a customer relationship management system (CRM) such as Salesforce
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams, PowerPoint, OneDrive, Publisher)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Post Secondary degree / diploma is required
- Minimum of (3) three years of development experience in a professional fundraising environment in Major and Planned giving disciplines or (5) five years in a fundraising or sales role
- Experience and proven ability to cultivate relationships and work effectively with coworkers, board members, donors, volunteers from a variety of backgrounds
- Understanding of and commitment to professional fundraising ethical standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong strategic thinking skills, and efficient timely execution
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment; accept counsel from and strategize cooperatively with colleagues
- Flexibility and enthusiasm to refine and enhance current systems and operations
- Well organized and able to meet goals and deadlines
- Proven experience of a high standard of written appeals
- Experience of growing individual giving programs
- Permanent, full-time position, 35 hours per week
- Base Office – Windsor – Internal management role with significant contact and meetings with donors and other stakeholders
- Must maintain a valid G driver’s licence and access to own transportation for daily use
- Ability to support organization events, including evenings and weekends outside of regular office hours within Windsor-Essex County
- Company laptop provided
- Eligible for Greenshield Medical / Health Benefits, after successful completion of probationary period
- Eligible for Group Pension Plan, after one year of employment
- Generous Vacation Entitlement & Paid Sick Days
- Hybrid work environment opportunities
If you have the above-mentioned qualifications, please submit a brief cover letter to tell us about yourself, along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that due to the volume of resumes, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, including those who may need accommodation, to apply to join our team.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (A.O.D.A.) please contact us should you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process.
Last updated on September 12, 2023