Are you passionate about helping children & families reach their potential in the Windsor-Essex County area
Do you have a natural talent for cultivating & stewarding relationships?
If so, then United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County has an exciting opportunity for you!
United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County has made a promise to the community – to change the odds for children and their families so they have equal opportunities for success in school and life. We have adopted the community problem-solving approach called collective impact and have committed to working alongside community partners to realize the vision of improving population-level outcomes for children and youth from cradle to career.
United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County is looking for a passionate and outgoing Relationship Manager to help us generate financial contributions to support our work and change the odds for children and their families.
Join our mission and use your talents to make an impact in your community – apply by July 1st, 2022.
- You will be responsible for establishing and strengthening relationships with employers, their influencers, and their employees within a portfolio of accounts, creating opportunities for donors to join us in realizing our Cradle to Career vision.
- Through recruitment and cultivation of Workplace Champions in your workplaces, you will generate financial contributions that support our work. Additionally, you will foster relationships with corporate leaders to understand their giving interests and tailor opportunities to deliver mutual value.
What you bring
- A post-secondary degree/diploma in any field
- 3 years experience working in a relationship management/fundraising; or
- 5 years in a sales environment (A certificate in fundraising will be considered an asset)
Who you are
- Resilient and optimistic – when engaging new and existing donors
- Resourceful, with a mindset to solve problems with efficiency and creativity
- A strategic thinker, understanding partner interests and developing new and innovative ways to deliver mutual value
- Adaptable, quickly learning to use new digital tools to help partners navigate digital fundraising tools to engage donors
- Strong multi-tasker, excels at balancing competing project priorities and deadlines to ensure high-quality and timely completion
- The successful applicant will need to maintain a valid driver’s license and have access to their own transportation
- Ability to work flexible hours including occasional evenings and weekends is required
- United Way campaign volunteer experience will be considered an asset
- Flexible schedule (35 hrs./ week)
- Hybrid work environment (work from home opportunity)
- Medical / Health benefits
- Summer Fridays (shorter summer work weeks)
- Group pension plan after one year
If you have the above-mentioned qualifications, please submit your resume and cover letter by Friday, July 1, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that due to the volume of resumes, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, including those who may need accommodations, to apply to join our team. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (A.O.D.A.) please contact us should you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process.
Last updated on June 20, 2022