Job Title: Program Evaluation & Engagement Assistant
Reports to: Director, Impact & Community Investment
United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County has made a promise to the community – to change the odds for children and their families so they have equal opportunities for success in school and life. We have adopted the community problem-solving approach called collective impact and have committed to working alongside community partners to realize the vision of improving population-level outcomes for children and youth from cradle to career.
This position will support United Way in its role as the backbone organization for ProsperUs, a collective impact partnership of over 40 system leading organizations working to advance a Cradle to Career (C2C) strategy for children, youth, and families in priority neighbourhoods. The primary purpose of this position is to support development, delivery, and evaluation of the C2C interventions and related community engagement activities.
As a Program Evaluation & Engagement Assistant, you will be joining a team of professionals dedicated to realizing a prosperous community where all children can achieve their dreams and reach their potential. United Way offers a friendly and supportive work environment and embrace a ‘lifelong learning’ mentality with tailored professional development opportunities for our staff. United Way is committed to staff equity and inclusion and to providing a workplace where all our staff can thrive and feel they belong.
- 60% – Assist in the implementation of the ProsperUs evaluation framework that will enable the measurements of successful cradle to career interventions co-designed with the neighbourhood residents and other stakeholders
- 40% – Assist in implementing a process to meaningfully engage target neighbourhoods via CAN Working Groups to identify solutions that will increase child and youth success
Core Duties, Competencies, & Qualifications
- Assist in collecting, analyzing, and reporting on program evaluation data in a community setting
- Assist in the process of identification and elimination of any data anomalies
- Administer surveys and standardized measurements tools and track resulting data
- Enact and support active citizen participation in community program design
- Interact with diverse groups with varying perspectives, background, and ways of communicating
- Develop professionalism in collaboration with program staff and community members
- Support advocacy efforts on behalf of ProsperUs and United Way
- Ability to foster trust and engage in open communication with diverse partners, including neighbourhood residents
- Contribute to a continuous improvement culture by having the confidence and humility to ask questions, admit and address challenges, and fail forward
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate with other staff members
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends to accommodate community outreach schedules
- Working alongside the community impact team, the employee will have opportunities to be mentored and guided though decision making processes and program implementation and evaluation. They will work as a team sharing tasks and developing a program evaluation plan together. They will also get to work with other department leads, learning about their work and how the organization functions as a larger team to implement programming and events.
- Through structured training and job shadowing, employees will have the opportunity to develop their communication skills. Whether it be facilitating presentations and community meetings or working with clients or community partners, there will opportunities for new employees to develop their communication skills.
- The employee will learn how to communicate, track data, and analyze outcomes using digital software. They will be expected to communicate via e-mail, track their daily tasks and meetings through an online calendar, and present their findings by collecting and analyzing specific program data.
Required* Education & Experience
- Some post-secondary education experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Experience working with children and youth an asset
- Must be able to provide a police vulnerable person check
As a Canada Summer Jobs-funded role, eligible applicants must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the immigration and refugee protection act for the duration of the employment
- Have a valid social insurance number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered.
This position will be for a 10-week contract beginning June 20, 2022, until August 26, 2022.
The position is for 35/week @ $16.00 per hour.
Must maintain a valid G level driver’s license and have access to a vehicle during working hours. Ability to work flexible hours including occasional evenings and weekends is required.
If you have the above-mentioned qualifications, please submit your resume and cover letter by Friday, May 27, 2022 through the Indeed link below.
*Due to COVID-19, the successful applicant works from home to complete the majority of their work duties. However, the role will require out-of-office visits to program sites in ProsperUs priority neighbourhoods.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that due to the volume of resumes, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, including those who may need accommodations, to apply to join our team. Members from underrepresented groups are encouraged to self-identify. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (A.O.D.A.) please contact us should you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process.
Last updated on May 20, 2022