DEPARTMENT: Community Impact
REPORTS TO: Vice-President, Programs & Strategic Relations
DATE: September 2022
Reporting to the Vice-President, Programs and Strategic Relations, the Program Director, On Track to Success is responsible for the oversight of United Way’s “On Track to Success” program.
The results driven Director will build and lead a diverse team that enables program outcomes and ensures people’s work is aligned with United Way mission and strategy. The Director will also be responsible for the effective implementation of program policies and program budgets.
The Director will be diligent in maintaining strong relationships among United Way partners and will build strategic relationships that strengthen the impact of United Way programs.
- 40% Supporting and supervising staff, monitoring program delivery standards for effective implementation and adherence to policies and procedures
- 20% Curriculum development & program planning
- 15% Building and strengthening relationships with new and existing partners, program constituents and other stakeholders
- 15% Program Administration, reporting and tracking outcomes, managing budgets and grant writing
- 10% Supporting fundraising and sponsorship activities and other cross-functional activities
- Provides supervision and support to On Track to Success staff to ensure effective implementation of program elements that aid in achieving program outcomes.
- Timely client planning and addressing of concerns with program staff, ensuring the unique needs of clients are met.
- Maintains accurate client records, ensuring that all required documentation is completed as required.
- Ensures program evaluation framework is implemented and program data and statistics are being tracked appropriately.
- Monitors staff performance and tracks their progress towards successful achievement of performance expectations and objectives.
- Facilitates engagement opportunities for donors and funders in collaboration with United Way major giving team.
- Develops, tracks, and maintains annual program budget.
- Writes, creates reports, and manages grants and other sources of funding (ex. foundations, government ministries etc.)
- Supports the work of other departments by providing program results, stories of success and other information required to promote United Way’s impact and brand.
- Develops and maintains relationships with partners, community agencies, and stakeholders
- Reports any issues or concerns to the Vice President, Programs and Strategic Relations in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post – graduate certificate or degree in education, social sciences, or similar fields of study.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in program delivery.
- Minimum of 3 years experience supervising program staff and volunteers.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s licence and access to own transportation; will be responsible for transporting program participants from time-to-time
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends, when necessary
- Police clearance, including a vulnerable sector check, is required
- Fluency in another language is considered an asset
- Informed on theories of learning, child and youth development, and latest pedagogical techniques.
- Ability to track, analyze and interprets data and applies continuous improvement to achieve greater impact.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and influence colleagues in order to successfully implement desired strategies.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and constituent service skills, including the ability to work respectfully and inclusively with a diverse employee population and multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational, time management skills and ability to work independently.
- Individual must be able to think creatively and strategically, have excellent judgment and be able to work in a changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with the region of Windsor-Essex County, including community agencies and resources for families.
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Permanent, full-time position, 35 hours per week
- Flexible Schedule
- Medical / Health Benefits: begin after successful completion of probationary period
- Group Pension Plan: begins after one year of employment
- Generous Vacation Entitlement & Paid Sick Days
- Summer Hours
- Wellness Program
- Employee Discounts
- Hybrid Work Environment: Due to COVID-19, the successful applicant will have the option to work from home during their regularly scheduled office hours until further notice.
If you have the above-mentioned qualifications, please click “Apply Now” below or submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 16, 2022. We thank all applicants for their interest!
Please note that due to the volume of resumes, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, including those who may need accommodations, to apply to join our team. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (A.O.D.A.) please contact us should you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process.