Reports to: VP, Programs & Strategic Relations
Type: Contract, 10 Weeks
Reporting to the VP, Programs & Strategic Relations, the Backpack for Success Program Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of United Way’s Backpack for Success Program. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating with product suppliers, program sponsors, schools, and other youth service providers to ensure the assembly and delivery of over 2,000 backpacks to children and youth across Windsor-Essex County.
The Program Coordinator will conduct activities to recruit, train, and coordinate volunteers to assemble the backpacks and participate in product drives. The Program Coordinator will work alongside the Donor Stewardship and Engagement Team to deliver activities and events to engage the community in the work of the Backpack for Success program.
The Program Coordinator will also be responsible for the tracking of program statistics and the implementation of the evaluation framework to measure outcomes of the program. This role will also assist in the implementation of the Summer Eats for Kids program.
CORE DUTIES, COMPETENCIES, & QUALIFICATIONS
- Coordinate all logistical aspects of the program including packaging backpacks and Summer Eats boxes and delivering them to distribution locations
- Work with partnering organizations to coordinate efforts
- Ensure policies and protocols are followed
- Collaborate with schools and youth program providers
- Support recruitment and coordination of volunteers
- Complete all necessary reports as directed
- Track program data and create reports as directed
- Work with donor stewardship team to create activities and events for program supporters
- Strong leadership skills and willingness to take initiative
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, use excellent judgment, and be able to work in a changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability following a project through to completion
Required* Education & Experience
- Working toward a post-secondary diploma or degree
- Experience in delivering programming in the community (ex: as part of an after-school program or other community-based activity)
- Experience working with volunteers (volunteer recruitment experience an asset)
- Experience working with children and youth an asset
- Must be able to provide a police vulnerable person check
As a Canada Summer Jobs-funded role, eligible applicants must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the immigration and refugee protection actfor the duration of the employment
- Have a valid social insurance number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered.
This position will be for a 10-week contract beginning June 19, 2023, until August 25, 2023.
The position is for 35/week @ $19.00 per hour.
Must maintain a valid G level driver’s license and have access to a vehicle during working hours. Ability to work flexible hours including occasional evenings and weekends is required.
If you have the above-mentioned qualifications, please submit your resume and cover letter by Friday, May 19, 2023, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply below.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that due to the volume of resumes, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, including those who may need accommodations, to apply to join our team. Members from underrepresented groups are encouraged to self-identify. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (A.O.D.A.) please contact us should you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process.