United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County has partnerships with a number of arms-length community programs. United Way is a sponsor organization for these programs, which focus on building a strategic vision for change related to specific challenges that our community faces, and engaging community partners to make Windsor and Essex County a better place to live. United Way support allows program staff to focus on leveraging community resources to create sustainable change.
United Way currently sponsors the following community programs:
United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County also supports several in-house programs designed to support people in need, and engage young people in becoming more civic-minded.
- On Track to Success – building a network of collaborative partners which provide supports and services to ensure “at-risk” youth graduate high school and attend post-secondary programs.
- Rebuilding Wheels Rebuilding Lives – helps people to secure transportation to gain or maintain employment
- Think Global Act Local – micro-funding for teachers and students to learn about community issues and develop small projects which will improve the lives of local people.
- Emergency Assistance Fund – provides direct support to individuals. A fund of last resort.
- Change the World - is a province-wide strategy of the Ministry of Citizenship, Immigration, and International Trade, and the Ontario Volunteer Centre Network to encourage youth to volunteer in their communities.
- Summer Nutrition Program - provides a nutrtious lunch, story time, and other activities to elementary-aged children over the summer months when school nutrtion programs are not available.