In Windsor-Essex, many individuals and families struggle to meet their transportation needs. Public transportation may be limited or unavailable in certain communities, creating significant challenges for many to gain or maintain employment. In many cases, those experiencing low-income are in need of transportation.
The goal of the Rebuilding Wheels Rebuilding Lives (RWRL) program is to engage high school students to repair donated vehicles for individuals and families living in low income, who are struggling to meet their transportation needs, through a one-time gift of a donated used vehicle.
If you are in need of support through the RWRL program, please download, print, and complete the application form.
Once you have completed the form, you may submit it to Family Services Windsor-Essex for review and approval by:
Mail: Family Services Windsor-Essex
1770 Langlois Ave., Windsor, Ontario N8X 4M5, or
Fax: 519-256-5258; Attention: Customer Care Department, or
If you require assistance in completing this form, please contact Family Services Windsor-Essex at 519-966-5010.
In order to be eligible for the Rebuilding Wheels Rebuilding Lives, you must be able to demonstrate that you have exhausted other funding opportunities.
- Applicant must be living on low income and be a resident of Windsor or Essex County
- Applicant must have a valid Ontario driver's license
- Applicant must have a verifiable job
- Applicant must be able to afford ongoing cost of car ownership (fuel, insurance, regular maintenance as needed)
This program has been made possible due to the collaborative efforts of the following community partners:
- E.J. Lajeunesse High School
- Benson Automotive
- Beverly Tire and Auto
- Jeff Smith's County Chevrolet Limited
- Family Services Windsor Essex
- United Way/Centraide Windsor – Essex County