United Way/Centraide of Windsor-Essex County
United Way/Centraide of Windsor-Essex County values the trust of those with whom we work. We are committed to protecting the privacy and maintaining the confidentiality of the personal information of our donors, stakeholders, and employees.
Personal information is received through correspondence, donations, pledge forms, program registrations, meeting registrations, volunteer registrations and other forms of communication. Safeguards are in place to ensure that the information is not disclosed or shared with third parties except under the following circumstances:
- The individual has given authorization
- Sharing information is necessary to process a donation (e.g. a credit card transaction)
- United Way is required by law to do so.
We offer individuals and organizations the opportunity to review their information. If we are going to use the information for a purpose beyond that for which it was explicitly collected, we first obtain permission.
United Way reviews its privacy practices for various activities on a regular basis.
United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County
300 Giles Blvd. E., Unit A-1
Phone: (519) 258-0000 x1144
Fax: (519) 258-2346
Terms & Conditions for Pre-Authorized Payments and Credit Card Payments
AODA | Constituent Service Policy
The Donor participates in the very essence of our mission and purpose, exercises rights, prerogatives and fundamental privileges that must be recognized at all times and without reservation.
- The right to be informed of the organization's mission and purpose and to become a member of the organization if the donor so wishes;
- The right to know the identity of the organization's officers and members of the Board of Directors and to expect that they act with the greatest transparency, integrity and discernment in implementing the organization's mission and purpose for the best interests of the community;
- The right to have access to organization's annual financial statements and to easily obtain a copy;
- The right to know how donations, directly or indirectly contributed to the organization are distributed, and to be assured that donated funds are used as intended by the donor;
- The right to be treated with consideration and respect by the organization and to receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition;
- The right to confidentiality regarding personal information about donors and fact about their donations;
- The right to expect that all relationships between the organization's representatives and the donor will be professional in nature;
- The right to be informed of the exact nature of the relationship which exists between fundraisers and the organization;
- The right to expect that the organization will not share or sell a mailing list which includes the donor's name, without providing the donor with a meaningful opportunity to decline;
- The right to ask questions of the organization and to expect a prompt, truthful and complete answers in an easy-to-understand manner.
Adopted by the Board of Directors of United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County September 1997