Congratulations to All the I Believe in My Community Award Finalists
Leading the Way Award honours individual or group that has significantly contributed to the community through United Way through a one-time gift, or gifts given over a period of time. The award honours an individual or group for their extraordinary service and commitment to building a stronger community.
Tom Weber has been a United Way supporter for more than 20 years, back to when his family owned a hardware store in downtown Windsor. Being downtown, he saw many of his customers struggle and had a sense of urgency to do something about it. In addition to volunteering on several United Way Leadership Giving and Major Gifts committees, he inspires others to give through his workplace, as an RBC Dominion Securities Wealth Management Advisor.
Spirit of Community Award recognizes the organization that best exemplifies the spirit of caring for the people of our community through outstanding employee and community engagement.
- Canadian Union of Public Employees Local 543 (RECIPIENT)
- Libro Credit Union
- Union Gas, UNIFOR Local 578
Community Partnership Award recognizes the success of the campaign through the partnership of employees and management within the organization in support of United Way.
- Canada Post, Canadian Union of Postal Workers Local 630, Association of Postal Officials of Canada, Union of Postal Communications Employees Local 00121 (RECIPIENT)
- Dakkota Integrated Systems, UNIFOR Local 444
- ZF TRW, UNIFOR Local 444
Lead United Team Award distinguishes the workplace team which implements best practices in Leadership Giving, and encourages contributions at the Leadership level of $1,200 or more.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor, Canadian Union of Public Employees Locals 82 & 543, Windsor Public Libraries CUPE Local 2067, the Civic Association of Non-Union Employees, Transit Windsor Amalgamated Transit Union Local 616, Huron Lodge Ontario Nurses’ Association Local 8, Windsor Police Association Local 9845
- TD Bank Group (RECIPIENT)
Quantum Leap Giving Award distinguishes an organization in which employees make an impact on our community through tremendous growth in their United Way fundraising campaign over last year.
- Canada Post, Canadian Union of Postal Workers Local 630, Association of Postal Officials of Canada, Union of Postal Communications Employees Local 00121
- Diageo Canada Inc., UNIFOR Local 200 (RECIPIENT)
- Leamington & Area Family Health Team
Campaign Hero Award salutes the Employee Campaign Coordinator, Canvasser or Team that demonstrates best practices, creativity, enthusiasm and energy in leading their United Way campaign to either maintain or increase their results.
- University of Windsor, UNIFOR Locals 195 and 2458, Canadian Union of Public Employees Locals 1001, 1393 and 4580, Windsor University Faculty Association, Retirees (RECIPIENT)
- Valiant TMS
April 26, 2018 - Media Release