Tuesday, September 20, 2016
Tuesday, May 9, 2017
||6:00pm to 9:00pm
||United Way Board Room
300 Giles Boulevard East, Unit 1A
Facilitator: Carolyn Warkentin, South Essex Comunity
Are you a new not-for-profit Board Member who is unsure of your new role? Are you a more experienced Board Member who does not feel that your board participation is all that it could be? Welcome to The Fundamentals of Effective Board Involvement!
Participants in this workshop will:
- Describe the fundamental role of the Board
- Identify the 6 key areas of Board responsibility
- Understand the relationship between the Board and the Executive Director
- Understand the Board decision-making framework
- Evaluate their own effectiveness as a Board Director
Who should attend?
New Directors or those considering a position on a not-for-profit Board. Directors with some ‘on the job’ experience but no formal training for their role. Community members and staff of non-for-profit organizations who wish to better understand the role of the Board and how to support it.
Click here to register for the September workshop
Click here to register for the May workshop
For more information, please contact:
Manager, Training & Consulting
Learn more about United Way's Training & Consulting Services