||Wednesday, October 3, 2018
||6:00pm to 9:00pm
||United Way Board Room
300 Giles Boulevard East, Unit 1A
Facilitator: Alynn Godfrey, Godfrey Financial Services
Are you a new Board Member struggling to understand your fiduciary responsibilities? In this workshop we outline the critical resources to help you get started in the business of understanding financial statements, budgets, financial controls and risk management.
Participants in this workshop will:
- Understand the financial responsibilities of Board members
- Learn key financial terminology
- Identify the fundamental finance control systems needed for the effective management of the organization
- Understand a financial statement and be able to use a process to identify which questions to ask
- Identify the budget development process
Who should attend?
Executive Directors, Treasurers, Senior Management staff, Directors, or those considering a position on a not-for-profit Board. Board and staff members responsible for the financial management of an organization.
Register for this workshop
For more information, please contact:
Director, Leadership Development & Training
Learn more about United Way's Training & Consulting Services