United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County established Leadership Windsor/Essex (LWE) whose mission is “to engage progressive civic leaders to broaden knowledge and build skills for the betterment of our community”. Its vision is: “A vibrant Windsor-Essex County shaped and stewarded by the best civic leaders.”
LWE hopes to achieve this vision by:
- Increasing the skills and abilities of existing and emerging leaders.
- Creating networks of people from different sectors of the community who can work together to strengthen Windsor and Essex County.
- Linking LWE alumni to new and existing initiatives that address important community needs.
Applications are now open for the 2019 Leadership Program
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate for the Leadership Windsor-Essex program are exisiting and emerging leaders who possess:
- Decision making responsibility in their respective workplace, faith community, or community organization/ group, and/or
- High potential for an willingness to commit to leadership in community activities,
- A personal commitment to go beyond conventional thinking in order to search for new opportunities for fundamental change and growth, and
- Personal characteristics such as self-awareness, creativity and responsibility
- We welcome applications and inquiries from anyone who demonstrates leadership qualities and is committed to creating a network of informed and committed action oriented people
Click HERE for more information. DEADLINE IS JUNE 1, 2019
Download the application form.
For additional informationg or assistance contact:
Phone: 519-258-0000 ext. 1186