United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County is one of more than 100 autonomous United Ways across Canada. Funds raised locally stay in Windsor- Essex to support vital programs and services. United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County is part of a national Movement with similar priorities – reducing poverty, supporting kids and families, and strengthening neighbourhoods.
Most people know United Way as an organization that raises funds to support the community. What many people may not realize is that:
- United Way takes funds raised in Windsor Essex and invests them locally to support critical needs in the community.
- United Way-funded programs fill ‘gaps’, where no other funder is investing, to make sure the most vulnerable members of our community are not left behind.
- United Way brings people and community partners together to create “made-in-Windsor-Essex” solutions which improve local community conditions, and make Windsor-Essex an even better place to live and raise a family.
- United Way is committed to engaging residents, businesses, labour, and other community stakeholders to understand community priorities and to guide its investment decisions.
- United Way has expertise about community needs, based on research, analysis, and connections to a wide network of community organizations, government, and other funders. We are a “think tank” for developing innovative approaches to create positive lasting change in the community.
- United Way works closely with its partners to help build the capacity of the not-for-profit sector by providing training and support, and ensuring that programs achieve the intended impact. We also work closely with our funded partners to be responsive to changing community needs.
- Demonstrate trust, integrity, respect, inclusivity and transparency
- Energize and inspire volunteerism and volunteer leadership
- Endorse innovation, partnerships and collective action
- Provide non-partisan leadership
- Embrace diversity
Charitable Business Registration Number: 1018160334 RR0001
United Way Canada acts as a voice for the more than 100 independent United Ways in Canada. Members pay dues for the right to use the United Way logo, name, and have access to opportunities for professional development.
Unlocking Youth Potential
ProsperUs is a collective of non-profit, government, health care, education, labour, business, and inspired residents with a shared vision of a prosperous Windsor-Essex County where every young person has the opportunity and support to succeed from cradle to career. United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County broadly supports the collective work of ProsperUs as the backbone organization.