The application process for the Neighbourhood Small Business Grant is in two stages
- Complete the online application that is found on the United Way website. Following the completion of the online form, the initial information will be reviewed by Small Business Centre and United Way staff and you will be contacted and potentially referred to opportunities to receive additional training and supports if deemed appropriate to strengthen the overall application. Depending on volume of applicants please allow up to two weeks for us to contact you.
- Although completing any suggested training is not a required element, staff will track training completion and will advise decision making bodies on whether the applicant completed recommended training or support. This information will be included in the overall risk assessment of the applications.
Once training or revisions have been completed the applicant can submit final versions of documentation for review by the various committees. All documentation must be submitted by July 1, 2017. The following is the documentation:
- Complete business plan for the proposed new location. This business plan should outline all aspects of the business in the location that is being proposed including financials.
- Complete a community benefits agreements with community organizations and partners.
- Submit a signed letter of intent to lease or own, or a completed lease or ownership for a commercial space within the defined geographies.