Below are the eligiblity requirements to receive funding through the Neighbourhood Small Business Grant
- Over the age of 18.
- Open to residents of Windsor-Essex County, priority given to residents of identified neighbourhood geographies.
- Existing business must have opened in its location within the targeted geography in 2017 calendar year.
- New Businesses must open a location within the targeted geography in the 2017 calendar year.
- Business should be located in one of the eligible geographies. Businesses opening in close proximity (1-2 blocks) to those geographies will be considered but preference will be given to those within the defined areas.
- Business must be located within a properly zoned commercial or mixed use space – this grant will not support home businesses.
- Sign a community benefit agreement with partner community groups.
- Agree to follow up evaluation for 2 years on the success of their business and the completion of the community benefits agreement activities and partnership.
- Accept any additional terms or conditions assigned by the evaluation committee.