Volunteers Make a Difference
Thousands of people across Windsor and Essex County are helping to make a lasting difference by contributing their time, expertise, and talents through volunteering. We value the contributions of volunteers in our community. Another service of United Way is to promote, strengthen, and enhance volunteerism.
There are many benefits when you volunteer, including:
- Meet new and inspiring people with a common interest in making your community better
- Develop a new skillset, in addition to sharing your current skills
- Boost your career options
- Gain motivation and a sense of achievement
- Discover new interests and hobbies
- Keep active and alert
- Meet volunteer hour requirements
There is also a growing body of research exploring the personal health benefits of volunteering, in addition to the social benefits. Research has found that those who volunteer have lower mortality rates, greater functional ability, greater life satisfaction, and lower rates of depression later in life than those who do not volunteer.
Anyone Can Volunteer
You can be an adult, a student, or a senior. You can volunteer on your own, with a team of co-workers, with your family or your friends. Volunteering is flexible and adaptable to your needs - whether you are looking for short- or long-term commitments, there are opportunities for you to make a difference.